News and Events
Certified, experienced childbirth and lactation specialists offer a variety of education classes to help prepare you, your coach and your family for the arrival of your new baby. These classes can help you to feel more confident about what to expect with childbirth and parenting. For more information or to register for a class contact the Labor and Delivery Department at (805) 737-3395.
Birth Center Tours
Expectant mothers and birthing coaches are invited to tour the Birth Center at Lompoc Valley Medical Center in order to familiarize themselves with our philosophy of family centered birth. The tour includes information on general hospital policies, admitting processes, perinatal education programs and a sneak-peek at our labor, delivery and recovery suites.
A series of classes designed to teach expectant mothers and childbirth coaches about the laboring process.
Schedule: Every Thursday in the Ocean's Seven Cafe from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
These classes are provided in an attempt to raise awareness of proper childbirth techniques and to help ease the transition into motherhood.
Please call (805) 737-3395 8-10 Weeks before your due date to enroll in a class!
Classes are held in the Ocean's Seven Cafe at the Lompoc Hospital, every thursday from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Class size is limited to 15 couples.
Ways to Give
Lompoc Valley Medical Center relies on your support to deliver the best in patient care, research, medical education, and community outreach. You can designate your gift to a specific program or facility, whether your gift is financial or time.
Your gift to your hospital has never been needed more.
Give by Phone
Call (805) 737-5762. We also invite you to speak with a represenative in your area of interest to explore gift options that might be right for you.
Send a Gift by Mail
Simply download our printable donation form, complete it, and send with payment to the address below:
Lompoc Hospital Foundation
P.O. Box 883
Lompoc, CA 93436
Your gift of appreciated stock, mutual funds, or securities is a simple way to support—and it may qualify you for certain tax benefits. For more information or assistance with your gift, please contact the Lompoc Hospital Foundation at (805) 737-5762.
Designed for compassionate and motivated individuals who would like to be of service, our Volunteer program is open for new volunteers throughout the year. At LVMC, we have many ways for you to make a difference and serve in vital areas. The experiences you will gain as a volunteer will add a new dimension to your life.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 1-hour shift per week over six consecutive months. We do offer short term, summer, internship or shadowing volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteers must be able to abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations and LVMC policies.
- Volunteers must have access to an email address. The Volunteer Services department utilizes email to communicate with volunteers.
If accepted as a volunteer, you will be asked to:
- Attend an orientation at Lompoc Hospital.
- Participate in an interview.
- Complete a mandatory two-step Tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Consent to a background check for volunteers 18 years of age and older (hospital provided). If you are under 18 years of age, a letter of recommendation is required.
- Attend at least one hour of orintation.
- Attend at least two weeks of job shadowing and training.
- Complete annual education on general hospital policies and procedures.
- Complete annual competency validation for specific service descriptions.
Volunteer Dress Code
- We require volunteer uniforms to be worn in all areas. Uniforms are provided free of charge.
- Volunteers must follow the Dress Code guidelines.
This is an ongoing free educational series to keep the local community informed about important health topics, presented as a public service by the Lompoc Hospital Foundation. For more information please call (805) 737-5762.
Refreshments and Door Prizes are provided at each lecture
All lectures are held at the Ocean's Seven Cafe, inside the Lompoc Valley Medical Center at 1515 East Ocean Ave.
About the Foundation
The Lompoc Hospital Foundation is a 501©3 non-profit organization. Its mission is to provide community education, public relations and funds for capital improvements for the Lompoc Valley Medical Center. The Board of Trustees, comprising 80 community members, oversees the activities of the Foundation.