Director Community Health
- This position reports to the Executive Director of the LVCHO & LVMC CEO.
- Provides leadership to the Healthy Lompoc Coalition
- Coordinates multiple community projects of the Healthy Lompoc Coalition
- Continuously reviews potential grant funding sources that could benefit the community
- Develops and implements community wellness projects for business, schools and organizations in Lompoc.
- Facilitates Community Health planning with the Healthy Lompoc Coalition and with other organizations.
- Assesses need through research, analysis and consensus building to define unmet needs
- Convenes organizations and individuals for dialogue and discussion of needs for community health improvement and potential implementation strategies
- Develops educational strategies to inform organizations, businesses, schools, parents and children of healthy living options
- Administers the Healthy Lompoc website
- Coordinates with City of Lompoc to produce annual report on HEAL progress
- Oversees development of grant applications and provides technical assistance to organizations writing grants or taking the lead and producing quality grant applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively network and communicate with diverse cultural and ethnic groups
- Knowledge of the principles and best practices for completing focus groups and key informant interviews
- Knowledge of the principles of community organizing and advocacy
- Ability to work well independently as well as with a team
- Ability to design implement and evaluate health education programs
- Knowledge of effective strategies for communicating positive health messages
- Computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
Must have access to reliable transportation readily available for use on the job.
· Education: Bachelors Degree with degree in Health Promotion, Health Education, Public Health, social Work or closely related field, Masters Degree Preferred
· Experience: Two years of increasingly responsible experience in program implementation, community organizing and agency collaboration in community health improvement.
· Skills/Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits the ability to organize work assignments and follow through with accuracy. Exercises good judgment, demonstrates initiative, emotional stability, tact and poise.