- Supports the Information Systems Department from 8:00 to 5:00 p.m. weekdays, and accepts weekly on-call status in a rotation supporting after hours trouble calls.
- Carry and answer Lompoc Valley Medical Center provided cell phone 24/7.
- Responsible for the operational status of district networks, associated hardware, systems, servers supporting all Lompoc Valley Medical Center (LVMC) departments/facilities.
- Supports cable and associated network equipment installation, performs preventative maintenance.
- Function proficiently in desktop applications such as Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook.
- Individual must be flexible in attitude, able to manage daily changing priorities, able to multi-task many projects, function in a team environment, and operate with little supervision.
- Participates in the development, revision, and enforcement of policies and procedures related to areas of responsibility.
- Will be responsible for meeting JCAHO requirements in the areas of training, education, and use of IS clinical applications.
- Function as departmental liaison that consults with users to explore information system needs and to identify areas of improvement. This individual will relate user needs and concerns to appropriate Information System personnel for further action and/or resolution.
- Assist and refine Information Systems Policies and Procedures on an annual basis.
- Keeps confidential information and data inaccessible to unauthorized personnel.
- Maintains key clinical application system files in accordance with hospital policy.
- Interact with all associates, guests, and physicians in a courteous, respectful, and friendly manner.
- Level of knowledge equivalent acquired through the completion of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and/or Information Systems in a clinical environment or…
- Four years active and progressive experience in an Information Systems Industry at a senior technician or systems engineer.
- Three to five years’ active and progressive experience in an Information Systems Healthcare setting.
- Demonstrable experience with Active Directory and Server/Client Virtualization.
- A strong background in personal computing, networking, database administration.
- Familiar with the JCAHO survey process and the components within the regulations associated with Information Management.
- Project coordination skills necessary to coordinate multi-phase, multi-disciplined projects working with all levels of hospital staff.
- Microsoft Systems Engineer (MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, MTA) a plus.
- Ability to follow through all tasks assigned.
- Ability to follow direction and accomplish tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task, supporting several clients needs in a timely manner.
- Express systems and applications in lay terminology and perform liaison responsibilities.
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of hospital personnel on a one-on-one and group basis, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and word usage.
- Finger dexterity, motor coordination, hand-to-eye coordination, color distinction, visual acuity, talking, sitting, handling, lifting, pushing, hearing, balancing, competitive motions, stooping, bending, carrying, kneeling, clerical perception.
- The use of independent judgment and discretion.
- The ability to protect the confidential information.
- Analytical ability to participate in the development of policies and procedures as they relate to the medically trained staff members
- Determine user needs from process descriptions.
- Analytical skills that demonstrate a high level of problem identification, evaluation, and conflict resolution capability.