Our experienced team of certified radiologists and technologists provides a range of quality imaging services to fit your healthcare needs. Using advanced technology and up to date procedures ensures that your doctor receives the most accurate and detailed information about your health, from head to toe.
The Lompoc Valley Medical Center Diagnostic Imaging Department fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Hospital Organizations and certified by the California Department of Public Health.
Notify Department of any allergies or if you are pregnant.
Head/Chest: Clear liquids okay before the exam.
Abdomen/Pelvic: Pick-up EZ CAT preparation at Outpatient Services the afternoon before your study and follow the directions given.
Pelvic/OBGYN: Drink one full quart of fluids, 1-2 hours prior to your exam and do not urinate. A full bladder is essential. If you feel like you do not have to urinate, your bladder is not full enough; your study will be delayed or rescheduled.
Abdomen: Fast 8 hours prior to your exam.
Gallbladder: Do not eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to your exam.
Hida Scan: Do not eat or drink 8 hours prior to your exam.
Thyroid Scan: Do not eat or drink 8 hours prior to your exam. No strawberries or shellfish 48 hours prior to your exam.
Gastric Emptying: Do not eat or drink 8 hours prior to your exam.
Cisternogram: Do not eat or drink 8 hours prior to your injection.
Upper GI Series: Do not eat or drink 8 hours prior to study.
Barium Enema: Eat a clear liquid lunch and dinner one day prior to your study (no milk, milk products or high residue foods). Pick up Barium Enema kit at Outpatient Services at least two days prior to your study and follow the enclosed directions for 24 hour preparation.
Intravenous Pyleogram (IVP)
This preparation begins at breakfast on the day before your examination appointment.
- Beginning with breakfast, maintain a light diet throughout the day before your examination. Avoid all milk products (milk, cheese, ice cream).
- At 9:00P.M. on the evening before your examination, take the oral laxative medication provided.
After taking the medication, do not eat any solid foods or Jello However you are encouraged to drink adequate amounts of clear liquids (black coffee, plain tea, water, clear juices, or soft drinks)
Do not eat any solid foods on the morning of your examination.
- You are again encouraged to have clear liquids as discussed above, up to two (2) hours before the examination, after which time you should not take anything by mouth.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, or if you have questions, please call (805)737-3375
Instructions for cleansing of the colon prior to procedure. Meticulous preparation for colon examination with contrast is essential for optimal diagnosis. Please follow these directions very carefully.
Be sure to drink all of the fluids specified below, at the time interval specified. Begin your preparation 48 hours before the examination date, unless instructed to do otherwise. Take water and laxatives according to the following schedule:
Two Days Prior to the Examination
Clear liquids only all day. Clear liquid items include:
Water, Popsicle, Clear Soup, Strained Fruit Juice, Soft Drinks, Black Coffee, Plain Tea, NO MIILK, CREAM, CRACKERS, JELLO or SOLID FOOD.
Day before Examination
- 10:00am Drink two 8 ounce glasses of water. Place Citrate of Magnesium bottle in refrigerator because it is more palatable if taken cold.
- NOON Have a clear liquid lunch.
- 12:30pm Drink the entire 10 ounce bottle of Citrate of Magnesium, cold or over ice.
- 1:00pm Drink one 8 ounce glass of water.
- 3:00pm Take Ducolax Tablets orally with an 8 ounce glass of water. Swallow whole. Do not chew them. Do not take within one hour of antacids.
- 4:00pm Drink one 8 ounce glass of water.
- 5:00pm Have a clear liquid dinner. (same as lunch). Drink an additional 8 ounce glass of water.
- 6:00pm Drink one 8 ounce glass of water.
- 9:00pm Drink one 8 ounce glass of water.
- 10:00pm Remove cover from Ducolax suppository. Moisten suppository with tap water and insert into rectum. Wait at least 10 to 15 minutes before evacuating, even if the urge is strong.
- BEDTIME Drink one 8 ounce glass of water.
- EARLY MORNING OF DAY OF EXAMINATION: At least 2 hours before scheduled time, insert the remaining Ducolax suppository in rectum, following the same directions as given above
TAKE NOTHING BY MOUTH UNTIL AFTER THE EXAMINATION. Please do not be late, if unable to keep appointment, please notify us at once.