Quality of Service
Lompoc Valley Medical Center (LVMC) has provided quality medical care to the residents of this community for 75 years. We are proud of our culture, which is laser-focused on opportunities to improve the wonderful care we provide. Our entire staff is committed to delivering top quality care to you and your loved ones. We participate in a nationwide program that surveys patients about their experiences and have been recognized for our efforts in improving patient care.
In the past ten years, LVMC was been awarded the following:
- Named one of the “100 Safecare Hospitals 2014-15” for best overall performance among 3,500 acute care, nonfederal hospitals. LVMC was specifically named for Overall Best Processes of Care; Best Outcomes of Care and Best Efficacy of Care.
- Designated as an “Acute Stroke Ready Hospital” with certification from Santa Barbara County’s Emergency Medical Services.
- Winner of the Intalere Healthcare Achievement Awards, for Community Impact and/or innovation, for the Stroke Robot/Telemedicine program, 2017.
- Alternate Birthing Center honored by the California Health and Human Services Agency with the “Healthy People 2020” award in 2016, for surpassing a federal goal aimed at reducing Cesarean births for first-time moms with low-risk pregnancies.
- Perioperative Services honored by the BETA Healthcare Group’s patient safety initiative, “Quest for Zero,” for supporting excellence in the operating room, 2016.
- Alternate Birthing Center, honored with Tier 2 status by the BETA Healthcare Group’s patient safety initiative, “Quest for Zero,” for supporting excellence in perinatal care, 2016.
- LVMC Patient and Family Advisory Council initiative, honored with the Patient and Family Centered Care award by BETA Healthcare Group and PFCC Partners Inc., 2016
- LVMC Hospital, honored with the Gold “Let Life Bloom” campaign award from One Legacy-Donate Life in recognition of the hospital’s efforts to increase staff and community awareness of the need for organ, eye and tissue donor registration, on behalf of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, 2016.
- Labor, Delivery Post-Partum, Recovery Department, honored with Tier 1 and Tier 2 status by the BETA Healthcare Group’s patient safety initiative, “Quest for Zero,” for supporting excellence in obstetrical safety, 2018.
LVMC participates in national and statewide quality measurement programs to help us improve the care we provide. These programs assess the quality of care by measuring how well hospitals follow specific guidelines when treating patients with certain medical conditions.
Connect with Us
We are a California Healthcare District committed to providing safe, high quality, compassionate and patient-centered healthcare services to the Lompoc community.
Learn more about us.