Quality of Service
Lompoc Valley Medical Center (LVMC) has provided quality medical care to the residents of this community for 75 years. We are proud of our culture, which is laser-focused on opportunities to improve the wonderful care we provide.
Our entire staff is committed to delivering top quality care to you and your loved ones. We participate in a nationwide program that surveys patients about their experiences and have been recognized for our efforts in improving patient care.
In the past ten years, LVMC was been awarded the following:
Beta Health Awards
Beta is the largest professional liability insurer of hospitals on the West Coast and its “Quest for Zero” is a patient safety initiative. Our services were honored for:
- Beta Heart Culture of Safety, 2019
- Quest for Zero: Emergency Department Initiative, 2019
- Quest for Zero: Excellence in Obstetrics, Tier II, 2019
- Quest for Zero: Excellence in Obstetrics, Tier II, 2018
- Quest for Zero: Excellence in Obstetrics, Tier I, 2018
- Quest for Zero: Excellence in Obstetrics, Tier II, 2016
- Quest for Zero: Excellence in Operating Room, 2016
- Patient and Family-Centered Care Award, 2016
- LVMC’s Comprehensive Care Center was named the recipient of the American Health Care Association’s National Quality Award – Bronze Commitment to Quality, 2019
- Lompoc Health – North Third Center was named the top Family Practice Performer in both Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties by CenCal Health, 2019
- LVMC was honored with a Certificate of Network Membership by the nonprofit National Recall Alert Center, 2019
- Lompoc Health – North Third Center was named the top Family Practice Performer in both Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties by CenCal Health, 2018
- Winner of the Intalere Healthcare Achievement Awards, for Community Impact and/or innovation, for the Stroke Robot/Telemedicine program, 2017.
- Designated as an “Acute Stroke Ready Hospital” with certification from Santa Barbara County’s Emergency Medical Services, 2017.
- Alternate Birthing Center honored by the California Health and Human Services Agency with the “Healthy People 2020” award in 2016, for surpassing a federal goal aimed at reducing Cesarean births for first-time moms with low-risk pregnancies.
- LVMC Hospital, honored with the Gold “Let Life Bloom” campaign award from One Legacy-Donate Life in recognition of the hospital’s efforts to increase staff and community awareness of the need for organ, eye, and tissue donor registration, on behalf of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, 2016.
- Named one of the “100 Safecare Hospitals 2014-15” for best overall performance among 3,500 acute care, nonfederal hospitals. LVMC was specifically named for Overall Best Processes of Care; Best Outcomes of Care and Best Efficacy of Care.
LVMC participates in national and statewide quality measurement programs to help us improve the care we provide. These programs assess the quality of care by measuring how well hospitals follow specific guidelines when treating patients with certain medical conditions.