Since the initial outbreak of COVID-19, the novel (new) coronavirus identified late last year in China, Lompoc Valley Medical Center has participated regularly in Santa Barbara County and statewide updates and planning calls along with other regional hospitals and clinics.
LVMC wants to ensure the Lompoc Valley community that we are preparing and instituting procedures to assess and respond to this emerging health concern.
LVMC is actively following guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in response to this virus. As of Feb. 28, the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department had no reported cases of COVID-19 detected in Santa Barbara County.
If you visit LVMC or any Lompoc Health facilities, please check signs at the front entrances for the most current information about the virus. It is important to note -- depending on your symptoms -- we may “triage” you, or evaluate your medical condition before you enter the hospital or clinic to prevent the possible transmission of the virus.
The CDC is not recommending people use protective face masks at this time, and masks are not being distributed to the general public by the Public Health Department or Lompoc Valley Medical Center. However, facemasks should be used by people with COVID-19 symptoms, to prevent the spread of the disease.
You can help stop the spread of cold and flu-like illnesses by following simple procedures:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If no soap and water are available, use hand sanitizer.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with your sleeve or a tissue.
- Do not come into contact with othersstrong> if you are sick with cold or flu symptoms.
Lompoc Valley Medical Center encourages you to stay informed. Please use the links below for additional information. The CDC updates its website regularly as more information becomes available.
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Information
- Coronavirus Prevention Information
- County of SB Coronavirus Information
- How Coronavirus Spreads
- If You Are Sick with Coronavirus Disease
- What is Coronavirus?