With just six ingredients, these fast-and-easy egg bites are great not only for breakfast but for lunch or snacks any time. You can even try serving them alongside a salad or bowl of soup for dinner.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced (about ½ tsp)
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- 4 ounces of Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish or jellyroll pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a medium saute pan, on medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Place spinach in the pan and cook until wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Combine eggs and milk in a bowl, whisking until completely blended. Add cooked spinach and shredded cheddar cheese and mix to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes when cooked and use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the prepared egg dish.
- Calories: 160/ % Daily Value
- Total Fat: 12g/18%
- Saturated Fat: 5g/25%
- Cholesterol: 205mg/68%
- Sodium: 220mg/9%
- Carbohydrates: 3g/1%
- Dietary Fiber: 1g/4%
- Protein: 12g
- Calcium: 198mg/20%
You can learn more calcium-rich recipes at the “Calcium Challenge” at LVMC from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on March 27. This recipe courtesy of Cabot Cheese Cooperative.