This sweet and crunchy coleslaw is a healthy take on the summer stand-by. Use cabbage, carrots, apples and green pepper for a colorful side dish to bring to those summer picnics and potlucks. Depending on your personal taste, you can make it with or without mayonnaise.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 carrot (medium, grated)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons yogurt, low-fat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Wash the cabbage. Cut it into fine shreds, until you have 2 cups of cabbage.
- Peel the carrot. Grate it with a grater.
- Chop half a green pepper into small pieces.
- Remove the core and chop the apple.
- Put the cabbage, carrot, green pepper and apple in a large mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Put the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill weed in a small bowl. Stir together to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to mix. Add salt (or low-salt seasoning) and pepper to taste
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 62
- Total fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 11 g
- Total sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 2 g
Source: United States Department of Agriculture