Beginning Wednesday, March 18, Lompoc Valley Medical Center, Lompoc Health – North H Center and Lompoc Health – North Third Center will screen all visitors prior to allowing entry into the facilities.
These measures are in place in an effort to reduce the likelihood of community spread of the COVID-19 virus and to protect our staff and patients.
People entering any of the public entrances at the facilities will be stopped and asked a series of questions about potential COVID-19 symptoms, including new cough and fever, as well as travel history, based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Additionally, Lompoc Valley Medical Center announces these COVID-19-related restrictions and rules:
- No one under the age of 16 will be allowed inside the hospital unless registered as a patient.
- All workshops, lectures and support groups are canceled until further notice.
- The Ocean’s Seven Café remains open, but entry is now restricted to the entrance at the front lobby. Social distancing is also encouraged.
- Patients may only have 1 visitor in the hospital at a time, other than for extenuating circumstances approved by clinical leadership.
- Everyone is asked to practice social distancing while in waiting rooms or the café. Please maintain a 6-foot clearance between yourself and others in public.
- The Hospital Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
- LVMC is asking that members of the community not come to the hospital unless for a medical reason.
We understand that these are challenging times for our community, and we thank you for your cooperation.