Appointments may now be made via the state’s MyTurn system for immunocompromised people ages 12 and older to receive an additional dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Appointments may be made for time slots at Lompoc Valley Medical Center starting tomorrow, Aug. 20. The appointment registration site is located at myturn.ca.gov. LVMC is located at 1515 East Ocean Ave.
LVMC’s Covid-19 vaccination clinic is open from 12:30 to 2:30 pm August 20 and from 12:30 to 6 pm August 27. The clinic continues every Friday until further notice.
The additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine should be administered at least 28 days after completion of the primary mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series. Whenever possible, mRNA COVID-19 vaccination doses (including the primary series and an additional dose) should be given at least two weeks before initiation of immunosuppressive therapies.
They will also need to self-attest that they meet the requirements of being immunocompromised by completing a self-attestation form.
The FDA emergency use authorization for a third dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines is available for those with moderate to severe immune compromise.
This includes individuals who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People seeking a third dose should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
For additional information, please see https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/ThirdVaccineDoseQandA.aspx