Designed for compassionate and motivated individuals who would like to be of service, our Volunteer program is open for new volunteers throughout the year. At LVMC, we have many ways for you to make a difference and serve in vital areas. The experiences you will gain as a volunteer will add a new dimension to your life.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.Teenagers may volunteer at our Comprehensive Care Center.
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 2-hour shift per week over six consecutive months.
- Volunteers must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations and LVMC policies.
- Volunteers must have access to an email address. The Volunteer Coordinator utilizes email to communicate with volunteers.
Apply to be a Volunteer
If accepted as a volunteer, you will be asked to:
- Participate in a pre-application interview.
- Complete a mandatory two-step Tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Consent to a background check for volunteers 18 years of age and older (LVMC provided). If you are under 18 years of age, a letter of recommendation is required.
- Complete madatory Tuberculosis (TB) screening and in-season Flu Shot.
- Attend a 90-minute of orientation at Lompoc Valley Medical Center: Hospital.
- Successfully complete job shadowing and training with Blue Coat trainer.
- Complete annual education on general hospital policies and procedures.
- Attend volunteer staff meetings as scheduled.
Volunteer Dress Code
- We require "Blue Coat" volunteer uniforms to be worn in all areas. Uniforms are provided free of charge.
- Volunteers must follow the LVMC Dress Code guidelines, provided during training.
Volunteers at the Comprehensive Care Center
At the CCC, volunteer responsibilities and duties may include:
- The ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous and respectful working relationships with residents, their families, and CCC staff.
- Assisting with the coordination and implementation of daily activities on the Activity Calendar, as directed by staff.
- Conducting individual room visits with residents for socialization and sensory stimulation.
- Passing of meal trays at breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Dining and Activity Rooms, as snacks as directed.
- Delivering mail to residents, and assisting with reading and comprehending that mail.
- Volunteers may assist with other tasks under the direction of the Activity Director and Activities Staff.
- Other duties and tasks as directed.