Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group
The Breastfeeding Support Group provides support and guidance to breastfeeding mothers in the Lompoc Valley. The Support Group is facilitated by our lactation professionals. Come share your ideas and concerns with our team and other mothers. An infant scale is available at every session.
Second and Fourth Friday of Each Month 10am - 11am
- Support from a lactation consultant/educator
- Support from other mothers within the community
- Sport from La Leche League Representative
- Access to weekly weight checks
- 06/14: Thriving in the Newborn Days- Tips and tricks for a mother’s self-care while breastfeeding a newborn.
- 06/28: Making Milk- A mother’s guide to managing milk supply, including tips for high and low supply.
- 07/12: All about Pumping - Including tips for exclusively pumping mothers and pumping when returning to work.
- 07/26: Exercising and nutrition while breastfeeding including, "Mommy and Me" exercise.
- 08/09: Starting Solids- Incorporating solid foods into your breastfed baby’s diet at 6 months and beyond.
- 08/23: Guiding Behaviors at the Breast- Dealing with biting, pinching and other concerns.