Robin Barnes, MSN, RN, FNP-C
Robin L. Barnes has been a Family Nurse Practitioner since 2016 and previously served in the Nurse Corps in Humboldt County working with an underserved population. She began her career in the medical field as a member of the U.S. Navy, serving as a Hospital Corpsman four years at Camp Pendleton. She has been a Registered Nurse in California since 1990.
Specialties: Family MedicineTeleVisits Available
She has previously worked with incarcerated patients; adolescent and young adults with behavioral health issues; as a case manager for in-home patients; as an Emergency Room nurse and as a Licensed Vocational Nurse instructor.
In her personal time, she enjoys visiting the Channel Islands, kayaking, diving, whale watching, and surfing.
Certifications and Licenses
- California Board of Registered Nursing, Registered Nurse
- California Board of Registered Nursing, Public Health Nurse
- California Board of Registered Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certification
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification, Family Nurse Practitioner
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
- DEA licensure
- Master of Science: Nursing
Western University of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science: Nursing, Public Health Nurse
California State University Channel Islands
- Associate of Science, Registered Nurse
San Marcos, CA
- Sigma Theta Tau International- Phi Alpha Chapter
- Honor Society of Nursing
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- California Association of Nurse Practitioners-Channel Islands Chapter
- California Association of Nurse Practitioners-North Coast Chapter