Virna Veloso, MD
Dr. Veloso has almost 20 years of experience as an internist working with under-served populations. She completed her internal medicine residency and internship at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. She previously was a physician at Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics and Santa Barbara County Public Health. She was also previously a senior partner and physician with Healthcare Partners Medical Group in Los Angeles. Dr. Veloso sees patients at Lompoc Health – North Third Center.
Specialties: Internal MedicineTeleVisits Available
- School of Medicine, University of California at Davis, 1996
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, 1996-99
- Bachelor of Science degree, Kinesiology, UCLA, 1991
Licenses and Certifications
- Medical Board of California
- Physician and Surgeon License
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Achievements and Awards
- Flying Samaritans Program (volunteer): Provided health and wellness care to under-served patients, Baja, Mexico, 2000
- Excellence in Pulmonary Medicine, University of California, Davis, Medical School, 1996
- American Medical Student Association, International Health Fellowship Program Chiang Mai, Thailand, 1996.
Worked as a medical student to provide health care to high-risk and under-served patients.