Our pediatricians manage the health of your child, from infancy to young adulthood, building trusting and friendly relationships as the child ages.
Specialties include diagnosing and treating the full range of childhood illnesses, including minor health matters to more serious diseases. Our pediatrician conducts routine well-child visits for youngsters through the first years of life into toddlerhood, as well as annual checkups as the child ages. We offer consultations and treatment in child-friendly rooms, decorated in pleasing colors and cheerful wall hangings.
Our pediatrician will:
- Chart your child’s necessary immunizations. Regular pediatric visits will ensure your child receives the recommended immunizations from birth through 6 years, including Chickenpox, measles, mumps, polio, pertussis, and flu, among others. Suggested immunizations as the child ages will also be discussed.
- Carry out physical exams and/or Well Child Visits. In the first few years of a child’s life, frequent pediatric visits are recommended. During the first two years of life, a child will typically be seen every six months. A child’s height and weight will be recorded, and the physician will ask about the child’s appetite, sleeping habits, physical activity, temperament, social interactions and more.
- Provide advice on growth and behavior milestones. This may include, for instance, treatment of diaper rash, feeding and sleeping habits, toilet training and more. As the child ages, growth milestones will include discussions of hormones, hearing and vision tests, genital health, body image, mental health, hygiene, risk reduction, and substance abuse prevention.
- Treat infections and injuries. Our pediatrician will provide guidance about age-appropriate medication dosages, regular vaccinations, suggest exams in advance of sporting participation and more.
- Suggest Specialist referrals. Our pediatrician may advise you on a specialist referral if a child develops a medical issue needing advanced consultation with a specialist, such as for hormonal syndromes, allergies, asthma, diet, language development and more.
- Provide guidance on overall physical health, nutrition and other milestones, including treatment during seasonal flu or cold season.
Our pediatricians may also consult with you, and suggest a special referral, about behavioral problems, functional disabilities, mental disorders such as depression or anxiety and social pressures such as bullying and drug use.
We offer consultations and treatment in child-friendly rooms, decorated in pleasing colors and cheerful wall hangings.