Designed for compassionate and motivated individuals who would like to be of service, our Volunteer program is open for new volunteers throughout the year. At LVMC, we have many ways for you to make a difference and serve in vital areas. The experiences you will gain as a volunteer will add a new dimension to your life.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.Teenagers may volunteer at our Comprehensive Care Center.
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 2-hour shift per week over six consecutive months. We do offer short term, summer, internship or shadowing volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteers must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations and LVMC policies.
- Volunteers must have access to an email address. The Volunteer Coordinator utilizes email to communicate with volunteers.
If accepted as a volunteer, you will be asked to:
- Participate in a pre-application interview.
- Complete a mandatory two-step Tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Consent to a background check for volunteers 18 years of age and older (LVMC provided). If you are under 18 years of age, a letter of recommendation is required.
- Complete madatory Tuberculosis (TB) screening and in-season Flu Shot.
- Attend a 90-minute of orientation at Lompoc Valley Medical Center: Hospital.
- Successfully complete job shadowing and training with Blue Coat trainer.
- Complete annual education on general hospital policies and procedures.
- Attend volunteer staff meetings as scheduled.
Volunteer Dress Code
- We require "Blue Coat" volunteer uniforms to be worn in all areas. Uniforms are provided free of charge.
- Volunteers must follow the LVMC Dress Code guidelines, provided during training.
Apply to be a Volunteer