To prevent the spread of COVID-19, Lompoc Valley Medical Center and Lompoc Health are putting in place new rules concerning laboratory appointments. The temporary changes are being made to help limit interactions between patients and staff, to adhere to CDC-recommended social distancing, and to reduce the likelihood of community spread of COVID-19. They will be in place until further notice.
Beginning Wednesday, March 18:
- All blood draws will now be by appointment only. Appointments will be scheduled primarily at Lompoc Health – North H Center, with overflow scheduling at Lompoc Valley Medical Center.
- Walk-in/Drop-in hours for Lab draws are now suspended at LVMC and all Lompoc Health locations.
- The Lompoc Health off-site laboratory at 1111 E. Ocean Ave, Suite 2, will be closed until further notice. The Diagnostic Imaging service at that location remains open.
- LVMC asks its patients, if possible, come alone to appointments. Or, if necessary, to only bring essential people with them to limit the number of visitors in the waiting rooms.
- To schedule an appointment at Lompoc Health – North H Center Lab, call 805-737-8646. North H Center Lab will be open for appointments from 7 am to 4 pm weekdays. Beginning March 28, the North H Center lab will be open from 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays for appointment only. These hours are in place until further notice.
- As a secondary site, the Lompoc Valley Medical Center: Hospital Lab will be open for appointments from 7:30 am to 5 pm weekdays and from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 pm Saturdays.
- There will be no walk-ins/drop-ins allowed. Call (805) 737-3325 for appointments. These hours are in place until further notice.
Lompoc Valley Medical Center and Lompoc Health appreciate the cooperation of our patients. Please check lompocvmc.com for further updates.