This week, LVMC will administer Moderna and Janssen (J&J) boosters along with the already approved Pfizer boosters.
The following groups of people who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine should receive a booster dose after at least six months:
- Individuals aged 65 years and older
- Individuals aged 18 years and older who reside in long-term care settings
- Individuals aged 50-64 years with underlying medical conditions or at an increased risk of social inequities
The following groups of people who received the Moderna vaccine may receive a booster dose after at least six months:
- Individuals aged 18-49 years with underlying medical conditions or at an increased risk of social inequities
- Individuals aged 18-64 years at increased risk for SARS-CoV-2 exposure and transmission because of their occupational or institutional setting
It is also recommended that all individuals 18 years of age and older who received a Janssen vaccine should receive a booster dose at least two months after their first shot.
Lompoc Valley Medical Center will be providing booster and additional doses for all three COVID-19 vaccines on Thursday, Oct. 28, from 12:30 to 2:30 pm and Friday, Oct. 29, from 12:30 to 6 pm.
In addition, the first and second doses for all three COVID-19 vaccines will be available at the Friday vaccination clinic from 12:30 to 6 pm.
Register for a Booster Appointment Online!
All vaccination appointments can be made through the State’s MyTurn system. You may go online to check availability and register for an appointment.
For more information about the MyTurn Scheduling tool, you can call (833) 422-4255.