Have you ever been told to just cool it- calm down - settle down - let go – relax?
The missing ingredient is, HOW do you do it? -HOW do you slow down-calm down-relax?
This is a quick method for regrouping, relaxing, calming, and reducing stress.
The entire process will take one minute.
Here we go…
- Lean over a sink.
- Heat a washcloth with very hot water.
- Hold the washcloth to your face as you lean over the sink.
- Allow facial and body muscles to relax.
- Breathe in deeply, breathe out slowly several times over the next minute.
- Feel the heat on your face from your hot washcloth.
- Take sixty seconds to repeat the slow deep breathing.
- Then listen to how you feel after this one-minute heat treatment for your face.
- Breathe deeply in, and exhale slowly.
- Notice your level of relaxation.
This is a healing tool for your self-care toolbox.