Get involved at LVMC as a volunteer at one of our facilities, or consider helping our Foundation with our three major fundraising events. Additionally, volunteers are welcome in numerous organizing committees, and as hosts for our lectures.
Designed for compassionate and motivated individuals who would like to be of service, our Volunteer program is open for new volunteers throughout the year. The experiences you will gain as a volunteer will add a new dimension to your life.
Volunteer for the Foundation
If you are interested in taking on a larger role in the Foundation, please consider our various volunteer opportunities. There are no dues or assessments and all contributions are voluntary. As a volunteer of the foundation you will:
- Become an informed active participant in the future of Lompoc's healthcare.
- Help inform and educate the residents of the Lompoc Valley about the need for health services and programs.
- Help promote quality healthcare for all residents by suggesting new health care services and programs.
- Be eligible to work on the Foundation's activity committees.
- Create pride in Lompoc's vital area-wide health services.
- Be placed on a mailing list to receive information on Foundation related programs and events.
Additionally, volunteers are welcome in numerous organizing committees, and as hosts for our Fall and Spring Lecture Series.
Volunteer at Lompoc Valley Medical Center
Hospital Volunteer Standards
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 2-hour shift per week over six consecutive months.
- Volunteers must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations and LVMC policies.
- Volunteers must have access to an email address. The Volunteer Coordinator utilizes email to communicate with volunteers.
- Volunteers must attend volunteer staff meetings as scheduled.
Volunteer Dress Code
- We require "Blue Coat" volunteer uniforms to be worn in all areas. Uniforms are provided free of charge.
- Volunteers must follow the LVMC Dress Code guidelines, provided during training.
Volunteer at Comprehensive Care Center
Teenagers may volunteer at our Comprehensive Care Center.
At the CCC, volunteer responsibilities and duties may include:
- The ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous and respectful working relationships with residents, their families, and CCC staff
- Assisting with the coordination and implementation of daily activities on the Activity Calendar, as directed by staff.
- Conducting individual room visits with residents for socialization and sensory stimulation.
- Passing of meal trays at breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Dining and Activity Rooms, as snacks as directed.
- Delivering mail to residents, and assisting with reading and comprehending that mail.
- Volunteers may assist with other tasks under the direction of the Activity Director and Activities Staff.
- Other duties and tasks as directed.