For Healthcare Professionals
All users who wish to access Lompoc Valley Medical Center (LVMC) hosted patient health information while offsite may make use of our LVMC Connect or our LVMC "Clinician Portal" depending on need and access level.
Access will be granted once all of the forms (available below) are filled-out, signed, and returned by the appropriate parties.
Fill out these forms:
Return your completed forms To:
Fax: (805) 737-5770
Phone: (805) 737-5751
If an account remains inactive for more than 90 days, it will be deactivated. In order to restore access, the user must contact the Information Systems department to request re-activation.
Find Which Radiology Exam to Order
LVMC's Diagnostic Imaging department has created the following guide to help staff order the appropriate exam.
Instructions on How to Filter by Symptoms/Concerns:
- Open to the spreadsheet and the bottom called "Exam to Order".
- Go on the tabs along the bottom.
- Click on which modality you want to use (MRI, CT, Ultrasound & Mammogram, or All).
- LVMC's Clinical Document Improvement Procedures
- http://www.icd10data.com/Convert : This site allows you to type in a ICD-9 code that you are familiar with and get the ICD-10 code (s) that are the CMS equivalency codes.
- AHIMA: The web address is http://www.ahima.org/icd10/ This will take you to the AHIMA page with documentation tips, FAQ’s, and other resources.
- CMS: The web address to some of their resources is https://www.cms.gov/medicare/coding/icd10/latest_news.html - this has FAQ’s and some clinical concept guides by specialty. The CMS website has education videos, and resource guides, as well.
- AMA: The web address is http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/solutions-managing-your-practice/coding-billing-insurance/hipaahealth-insurance-portability-accountability-act/transaction-code-set-standards/icd10-code-set.page
- World Health Organization: The web address is http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/ This site has good resources and some training.
CA Breast Density Law
California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law SB1538 requiring health facilities performing mammography examinations, such as Lompoc Valley Medical Center, that identify patients having heterogeneously dense breasts or extremely dense breasts, based on the Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System established by the American College of Radiology, to include such existence of heterogeneously dense breasts in the summary of the written report that is sent to the patient.
The State of California Legislature has recently passed but not funded a law mandating that radiologists must report to the patient her breast density in the patient lay letter and that increased density could increase the patients risk for breast Cancer. To find out more click the link below:
Medical Staff Services
For all medical staff activities including credentialing applicants for initial and reappointment; distributing information regarding membership and privileges to appropriate departments; preparing committee agendas and packets; and recording meeting minutes.
Office hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Director of Medical Staff Services: (805) 737-3303
Director of Medical Affairs: (805) 875-8902
Fax: (805) 737-3326