Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
This page is updated regularly. Please check back for the lastest information and announcments.
We are continuously monitoring new information about the new coronavirus and the associated disease (COVID-19). We are adapting our processes to reflect the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
To keep our community safe, we have implemented the following changes:
Screening at Entrances
People entering any of the public entrances at the facilities will be stopped and asked a series of questions about potential COVID-19 symptoms, including new cough and fever, as well as travel history, based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Elective Surgeries and Procedures
- It is now appropriate to resume performing non-emergent but essential surgeries and procedures.
- Three days prior to their surgery or procedure, patients will have a COVID-19 test along with their other preoperative testing. Patients will self-isolate from the time of the test until the time of their surgery. Enhanced infection prevention protocols will be in place for the safety of patients, staff, and physicians.
- The scheduling of certain diagnostic radiology procedures had been postponed. The postponement has been lifted, and all radiology services are now available at the Lompoc Valley Medical Center.
Re-opening of Services and Locations
During this pandemic, some community members have avoided coming to the Emergency Room, unless necessary. We now encourage you to seek Emergency Room care if you feel you have a potentially emergent situation. We have implemented enhanced infection prevention and patient protection protocols, and we believe you should not hesitate to seek emergency care if needed.
Comprehensive Care Center
Visitation remains prohibited at the Comprehensive Care Center through the end of June. Distance visits are available in a variety of modes. To discuss extenuating circumstances, contact Administrator Lorraine Jones at (805) 736-3466.
Lompoc Valley Medical Center
Hospital inpatients may designate one individual to visit per day. Pediatric and obstetric patients will be allowed to designate two visitors. However, only one visitor may stay over night. Visitation hours at the hospital will be from 10 am to 8 pm, with some exceptions. Patients utilizing outpatient services may not have any visitors. Everyone will continue to be screened.
Visitors and support persons are restricted from accompanying patients at our Lompoc Health clinics.
Closures and Cancellations
- All lectures and support groups are canceled until further notice.
- Ocean’s Seven Café is open for patient visitors only.
- Hospital Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
- Lompoc Health - Lab &Imaging at 1111 E. Ocean Ave is closed until further notice.
- The Hospital Physicial Therapy is closed until further notice.
Changes in Operating Hours
- Lompoc Health - North H Center Lab will be open for appointments from 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays.
- Lompoc Valley Medical Center: Hospital Lab is open for appointments from 7:30 am to 5 pm weekdays and from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Saturdays.
- All other services and locations are maintaining regular operating hours.
COVID-19 News and Updates
LVMC Visitation Policy Update
on Jul 02, 2020 16:24:11
Due to the recent increase in positive COVID-19 cases in Santa Barbara County, LVMC has made a slight revision to its visitor policy. The LVMC COVID-19 Task Force (comprised of physicians, clinical staff and administrative staff) has made the...
LVMC Community Update, July 2, 2020
on Jul 02, 2020 16:16:27
Dear Lompoc Valley Community: California and Santa Barbara County are in the midst of a second wave of COVID-19. The Lompoc Valley Community has, for the most part, been exempted from this second wave. However, with COVID-19, the situation seems to...
Lompoc Valley Medical Center encourages you to stay informed. Please use the links below for additional information. The CDC updates its website regularly as more information becomes available.
- California Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Information
- Home cleaning with COVID-19 positive individuals
- County of Santa Barbara Coronavirus Information Portal
- How Coronavirus Spreads
- Emmi Guides on COVID-19
Emmi programs are web-based presentations that take complex medical information and make it easy for you and your family to understand. You can view these programs online for free, and share them with your friends and family. Let's get started!