Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
This page is updated regularly. Please check back for the lastest information and announcments.
We are continuously monitoring new information about the new coronavirus and the associated disease (COVID-19). We are adapting our processes to reflect the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
To keep our community safe, we have implemented the following changes:
Screening at Entrances
People entering any of the public entrances at the facilities will be stopped and asked a series of questions about potential COVID-19 symptoms, including new cough and fever, as well as travel history, based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Elective Surgeries and Procedures
- It is now appropriate to resume performing non-emergent but essential surgeries and procedures.
- Three days prior to their surgery or procedure, patients will have a COVID-19 test along with their other preoperative testing. Patients will self-isolate from the time of the test until the time of their surgery. Enhanced infection prevention protocols will be in place for the safety of patients, staff, and physicians.
- The scheduling of certain diagnostic radiology procedures had been postponed. The postponement has been lifted, and all radiology services are now available at the Lompoc Valley Medical Center.
Re-opening of Services and Locations
During this pandemic, some community members have avoided coming to the Emergency Room, unless necessary. We now encourage you to seek Emergency Room care if you feel you have a potentially emergent situation. We have implemented enhanced infection prevention and patient protection protocols, and we believe you should not hesitate to seek emergency care if needed.
Comprehensive Care Center
Visitation remains prohibited at the Comprehensive Care Center. Distance visits are available in a variety of modes. To discuss extenuating circumstances, contact Administrator Lorraine Jones at (805) 736-3466.
Lompoc Valley Medical Center
- Visitation Hours: 10:00 am until 8:00 pm.
- No visitors under the age of 13.
- One visitor allowed for hospital patients.
- Two visitors allowed at the hospital for pediatric, and obstetric patients.
- Hospital visitors for patients near the end of life: the determination for the number of visitors will be based on the needs and context of a particular request.
Visitors and support persons are restricted from accompanying patients at our Lompoc Health clinics.
Closures and Cancellations
- All lectures and support groups are canceled until further notice.
- Ocean’s Seven Café is open for patient visitors only.
- Hospital Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
- Lompoc Health - Lab &Imaging at 1111 E. Ocean Ave is closed until further notice.
- The Hospital Physicial Therapy is closed until further notice.
Changes in Operating Hours
- Lompoc Health - North H Center Lab will be open for appointments from 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays.
- Lompoc Valley Medical Center: Hospital Lab is open for appointments from 7:30 am to 5 pm weekdays and from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Saturdays.
- All other services and locations are maintaining regular operating hours.
Dedicated to Your Safety
We want to keep you informed about everything we are doing to keep you and your loved ones safe before and during your visit. Your health and well-being are our top priorities. Whether you are visiting us for a routine check-up or to undergo a procedure, we are here to safely address all your healthcare needs.
Testing of Staff
Staff and providers performing any type of care receive symptom screenings and temperature checks daily. All staff and providers taking part in care at the CCC have been, and are regularly tested for COVID-19.
Wearing a mask is required of our providers, staff, and visitors in all areas and all facilities.
Patient rooms, waiting rooms, and other common areas at all Lompoc Health facilities are arranged and marked to ensure proper social distancing. Our emergency room has a separate entrance.
Restricted Visitor Policy
We are limiting people coming into our facilities. Those that are permiited will undergo a symptom screening and temperature check, and will be required to wear a mask.
Lompoc Valley Medical Center and Lompoc Health facilities stringently follow cleaning protocols that provide a daily defense for infection control. Our staff are regularly cleaning waiting areas, patient rooms, and exam rooms in between visits, and hand sanitizer stations are located throughout our facilities.
Patients will undergo a symptoms screening and temperature check upon entry into each facility. Prior to a procedure, giving birth in our hospital, or an inpatient stay, patients will be tested for COVID-19.
If you are sick with COVID or suspect you are, you should take steps to help prevent the spread to people in your home and our community.
COVID-19 News and Updates
LVMC Community Update, September 18, 2020
on Sep 18, 2020 10:32:09
Dear Lompoc Valley Community: Today we will start a new “feature” …What happened on this date in history? In 1972, the TV series M*A*S*Hdebuted on CBS. In 1970, 27-year-old rock star, Jimi Hendrix, died in London. In 1851, the first edition of...
LVMC Community Update, September 11, 2020
on Sep 11, 2020 17:00:36
Dear Lompoc Valley Community: As this is the anniversary of “9/11,” I will refrain from being my usual sarcastic self, and instead pay tribute to those who lost their lives, or were gravely impacted by the events of September 11, 2001. I will share one...
LVMC Community Update, September 4, 2020
on Sep 04, 2020 11:54:58
Dear Lompoc Valley Community: On this Labor Day weekend, I would like to acknowledge our entire LVMC Team for the tremendous work they do for LVMC, our patients and their families, and our Lompoc Valley Community. We very much appreciate each and...
Lompoc Valley Medical Center encourages you to stay informed. Please use the links below for additional information. The CDC updates its website regularly as more information becomes available.
- California Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Information
- Home cleaning with COVID-19 positive individuals
- County of Santa Barbara Coronavirus Information Portal
- How Coronavirus Spreads
- Emmi Guides on COVID-19
Emmi programs are web-based presentations that take complex medical information and make it easy for you and your family to understand. You can view these programs online for free, and share them with your friends and family. Let's get started!