Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
We are continuously monitoring new information about the new coronavirus and the associated disease (COVID-19). We are adapting our processes to reflect the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
To keep our community safe, we have implemented the following changes:
Everyone will be Screened Before Entrance
People entering any of the public entrances at the facilities will be stopped and asked a series of questions about potential COVID-19 symptoms, including new cough and fever, as well as travel history, based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Upcoming Appointments and Procedures
While we continue to provide exceptional care and protect the health and safety of all patients and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic, we may need to reschedule some appointments and procedures. If there are changes to your care, you will be contacted.
To help us avoid the spread of disease, we are asking all patients to follow these guidelines when seeking care:
- Call ahead to your primary care or specialty care provider, or the urgent care before your visit. Describe your symptoms over the phone before going to any of these locations so that precautions can be taken.
- While in waiting rooms or lobbies, please remember to continue practicing social distancing by maintaining a 6-foot clearance between yourself and others in public.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
- If possible, please go alone to any appointments. Do not bring children, family members, or friends unless you need assistance. Especially, do not bring anyone who has a cough, a fever, or shortness of breath.
Laboratory and Blood Draws
- Walk-in/Drop-in hours for Lab draws are now suspended.
- All blood draws will now be by appointment only. Appointments will be scheduled primarily at Lompoc Health – North H Center, with overflow scheduling at Lompoc Valley Medical Center.
By order of the Health Officer of the County of Santa Barbara, no visitors or non-essential personnel are permitted at Lompoc Valley Medical Center or Comprehensive Care Center until further notice.
Hours of Operation
- The Lompoc Health off-site laboratory at 1111 E. Ocean Ave, Suite 2, will be closed until further notice. The Diagnostic Imaging service at that location remains open.
- Lompoc Health - North H Center Lab will be open for appointments from 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays.
- Lompoc Valley Medical Center: Hospital Lab will be open for appointments from 7:30 am to 5 pm weekdays and from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Saturdays.
- All lectures and support groups are canceled until further notice.
- The Ocean’s Seven Café is closed until further notice
- The Hospital Gift Shop is closed until further notice
- All other services and locations will maintain regular operating hours for the time being.
COVID-19 News and Updates
Santa Barbara County COVID-19 Update
on Apr 03, 2020 10:17:52
Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) reports an additional twenty-eight confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the County today, bringing the total to 139 confirmed cases.Although most cases of COVID-19 exhibit mild or moderate symptoms, PHD...
Lompoc Valley Medical Center COVID-19 Community Update
on Apr 02, 2020 12:14:14
Dear Lompoc Valley Community: Below, please find an update regarding the COVID-19 situation from the Lompoc Valley Medical Center perspective. I intend to provide updates weekly, or as needed.
Answers for Expectant Mothers During the COVID-19 Pandemic
on Apr 01, 2020 09:16:26
I know this is a stressful time, when instead of focusing on this joyful time before the delivery of your baby, you may have concerns or fears related to the Coronavirus pandemic. Please be assured that the OB staff at LVMC are dedicated to...
Lompoc Valley Medical Center encourages you to stay informed. Please use the links below for additional information. The CDC updates its website regularly as more information becomes available.
- California Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Information
- Home cleaning with COVID-19 positive individuals
- County of Santa Barbara Coronavirus Information Portal
- How Coronavirus Spreads
- Emmi Guides on COVID-19
Emmi programs are web-based presentations that take complex medical information and make it easy for you and your family to understand. You can view these programs online for free, and share them with your friends and family. Let's get started!