As the Thanksgiving table is filled up with dish after dish of delectable delights, why not consider eating something that’s low in fat, high in fiber, has a multitude of vitamins and can be used in everything from soups to salads?
Enjoying meals that are both healthy and delicious can be tough to balance. We are here to help, with expert advice served up monthly.
Flank steak is delicious. That wasn’t always thought to be the case in culinary circles. Some time ago, flank steak was considered the cut of meat that the butcher would take home at the end of the day because it didn’t sell. It wasn’t a commonly sought after cut of beef.
Years ago, as a personal chef for a local family, I needed a recipe that would be versatile for the differing palates of the husband and wife. The wife was a fan of meats – lamb, steak, chicken. The husband was more vegetarian and preferred vegetables and tofu.
Yield: 1 pint
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cannellini beans, 14 oz can
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp lemon, zest & juice each
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Drain & rinse beans - dry on sheet paper towel.
- In a bowl, gently combine all ingredients.
- Taste & adjust seasoning as needed.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes so flavor can meld.
Health & Wellness
Contact Us Anytime
Lompoc Valley Medical Center
1515 E Ocean Ave, Lompoc, CA 93436
Phone: (805) 737-3300
Quality Healthcare, Close to Home
Lompoc Valley Medical Center is a California Healthcare District committed to providing safe, high quality, compassionate and patient-centered healthcare services to our community.