Life Enriching Activities
We continue to find new, creative ways to engage with residents. Our Activities Department designs leisure and recreational programs to improve functional abilities related to physical skills and personal knowledge goals. These programs also give our residents and staff a chance to be creative and provide a fun and cheerful atmosphere.
At the CCC, we encourage our residents to engage, enjoy, and express themselves each day. We strive to infuse our residents' lives with meaning, fully stimulate and support each resident’s physical and mental capabilities, and enable each resident to maintain the highest attainable social, physical, emotional, and spiritual functioning.
Our Activities Department offers a multitude of daily individual, small, and large group activities. Each resident receives a monthly calendar and assistance to the activities of their choosing and assistance in participation, as needed. Our monthly activity calendars are mailed to family members, and family participation is welcomed and encouraged.
Here are just a few examples of the variety of activities we offer:
- Social: Morning Social, Pan Dulce & Donut Day, In-Room Visits, Resident & Family Council
- Outdoor: Sunshine Strolls, Gardening, Popsicles in Paradise
- Community: Beach Picnic, Art Gallery & Lunch, Veteran’s Monument & Park Picnic
- Spiritual: Holy Catholic Mass, Rosary & Communion, Christian Spiritual Hour, Jehovah’s Witness Gatherings
- Creative: Craft Corner, Card Writing
- Educational: Brain Teasers, Story Time, Armchair Travel, Typing, Bingo
- Physical: Parachute, Noodle Ball Toss, Yoga, Stretch & Smile
- Music: Music & Memories, Sing-A-Long, Mr. Popkin’s Piano
- Special events and holiday celebrations: Fiestas, Flower Festival Queen & King, July 4th Fireworks, Community Halloween Trick or Treat
- Self-Care and Grooming: Beauty Shop, Music & Manicures
Interested in Seeing an Activity Calendar?
If you would like more information about the activities available at the CCC, just give us a call at (805) 736-3466.