Please also help us maintain a quiet hospital by refraining from loud noises or voices. Please note Lompoc Valley Medical Center is a “No Pets” facility. Only service dogs are permitted. LVMC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Safety Guidelines for Visitors during Covid-19
Visiting hours are 8 am to 8 pm daily.
- Any patient may have one designated visitor per day.
- Additional visitor accommodations will be made for Obstetric, Pediatric, Cognitively impaired and End-of-Life patients.
- Every visitor is subject to screening upon entry for fever and COVID-19 symptoms
- All visitors must sign in and out of the facility.
- Visitors will be provided a mask at entrance screening. The mask should cover the nose and mouth. Visitors should avoid touching around the face.
- Visitors should clean hands using hand gel upon entry, during the visit and when exiting the facility.
- For the protection of staff and patients, wearing of a face mask is required at all times within the facility, and wearing of other personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate while in the patient’s room.
- Visitor movement within the facility is limited to going directly to and from the patient’s room. If the patient is receiving nursing care or a treatment, the visitor will be provided with additional instructions.
- Visitors are not permitted in other areas of the facility. The hospital cafeteria is closed to visitors at this time.
- Visitors who do not comply will not be allowed to remain in the facility.
** These visitor safety guidelines may be updated at any time as the State and County COVID -19 status changes and/or more information becomes available.
Due to COVID, the above guidelines have temporarily replaced our existing hospital visitation policy. — Click here to view the old visitor information.
All visitors must check in upon arriving, at which point, each visitor will receive a badge. All visitors MUST have a badge, no exceptions.
Parents and grandparents may visit at any time. We encourage one parent to be with the child at all times. Healthy siblings may visit but please limit their visit to 30 minutes or less.
Labor and Delivery
One support person is permitted to stay in your room overnight. You may have 3 visitors present at one time. Additional visitors may wait in the waiting room. All visitors should remain in your room or in the waiting room. Please keep hallways clear at all times.
Your baby's siblings are permitted to visit when accompanied by an adult. Other youth visitors must be age 13 or older. During labor, you and other laboring moms may be sensitive to smells, so we ask that visitors dine in the café or in the waiting room.
For your safety and well-being, your care team may apply temporary visitation restrictions.
Family members waiting for Surgery patients may wait in the Surgery Waiting Room. Please let the staff know who you are so we can notify you when the surgery is complete and the surgeon can talk to you.