Christopher Taglia, MD, FACS, DABOM
Dr. Christopher Taglia was born and raised in New York City. He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida with a degree in biology and Spanish.
Dr. Taglia attended the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. During his medical education, he was active in global health outreach, performing and conducting research in South America.
He completed his residency in general surgery at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, with work in general surgery, trauma, laparoscopy, and endoscopy. He completed a fellowship at North Shore University Hospital in Long Island, New York in minimally invasive and bariatric surgeries.
His specialties include advanced laparoscopic surgery, weight-loss surgery, endoscopy, anti-reflux surgery, and hernia repair.
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Upper endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band removal
- Paraesophageal hernia repair
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Esophageal (Heller) myotomy
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Small bowel resection
- Feeding tube placement
- Hernia repair
- Complex abdominal wall reconstruction
- Common bile duct exploration
- Trans-gastric ERCP
- Soft tissue mass excision
- Melanoma surgery
- Lymph node biopsy
Education and Training
|Fellowship||North Shore University Hospital||Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery||2019|
|Residency and Internship||Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital||General Surgery||2018|
|Medical School||Albert Einstein College of Medicine||2013|
|Undergraduate||University of Miami||BS, Biology, and Spanish||2008|
Certifications and Licenses
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- California State Medical License
- New York State Medical License
|Surgeon||North Shore University Hospital||Long Island, NY||2018-2019|
|General Surgery Resident||Cottage Health||Santa Barbara, CA||2013-2018|
Read through some of Dr. Taglia's contributions to our health and wellness blog.